Debug Board USB to UART Isolated Splittable
What is it?
- This is a USB to UART converter with a digital isolator on the UART site, this product also has the possibility to replace the isolator in case of damage due to the high voltage.
Why did you make it?
- I was using a cheap USB serial converter, but sometimes they didn’t work correctly and I was losing time.
- So we decided to design our own customized board, with only the essential pins and the possibility to work at 1.8V.
- With the galvanic isolation and the possibility to work at different logic level according to the target voltage.
- It is possible to replace the digital isolator in case of damage; you can find the replacement here in our store.
What makes it special?
Thanks to the digital isolator MAX12931BASA+ the computer and your target board are electrically isolated.
- The noise coming from your computer doesn’t enter in your target board. This can be useful if you are working with sensible analog circuit.
- Useful when your target project is not connected to ground.
- The voltage level of TX and RX are the same of your target board. This means that it doesn’t matter if your board is working at 5V or 3.3V or 1.8V !! The logic levels are always correct.
- FTDI FT230X: baud rates of 300 baud to 3 Mbaud
- Compatible with Windows, Linux and MAC
- Size of 45 x 13mm.
- 4mm isolation between the two sides guarantee an electrical isolation up to 1kV
- Working at 1.8V up to 5V.
- TX and RX LEDs indicators.
- Micro USB connector.
- Standard 2.54mm 4 pins female header.
- Protected by a transparent heat shrink sleeve.
- Possibility to replace the digital isolator part.
|+||Power Supply||Input||1.8 - 5V|
|TX||Transmitted Data||Output||Same of +|
|RX||Received Data||Input||Same of +|
You can purchase this item in our Tindie and eBay store: